Thursday 8 January 2015



The other day I was overcome by emotion as I read a sentence in a book about the life of John Paul II.

One particular sentence struck a very deep chord within me.

 It read, "His suffering, was his witness."

And I thought about myself. I had been struggling with my desire for my own hermitage. I had reached the point where I was tired of my present life circumstances and wanted a change and I wanted that change NOW! I began praying, I began fasting. But this one sentence totally changed my perspective. It made me realise that I was resisting God's will for me by fighting my present circumstances. It made me realise that I had taken my eyes off God and was focused on me. It made me realise that I was using God for my own purposes rather than allowing Him to use me, for His purposes.

In short, I was humbled.

I realised that my patient endurance of my present circumstances could be my witness of my faith and trust in God. Everybody but me seems to know what I should be doing with my life. But, since 9 February 2012, I have willingly given the steering wheel of my life to God and He has not let me down yet.

Yes, I want my own home, and yes I want it now, but, and this I have experienced so many times before, God knows best,  and His timing is always perfect. I say this with confidence because I have personally witnessed it before in my walk with Him.

I surrendered my pain about my circumstances to God, and when I did I experienced peace. The feeling of being tossed here and there was gone. The restlessness was gone. My patient endurance of my current life circumstances is my witness to my belief in God's Providence. In His time and in His way, He will provide a home for me. I have full confidence in Him.

After all He promises in His Word that He works all things for good, for all those who love Him, and boy! do I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment