Sunday 11 January 2015

Sitting at the Lord's feet

Yesterday I experienced profound peace and joy as I sat at the feet of the Lord.

Baba (God), has been calling me to spend time at His feet and I didn't hear Him. All I felt was this angst. So many of my activities now felt so empty, so many of my conversations with people seemed so empty. There was inside of me a space that needed filling and I didn't know with what.

I just felt I wanted more, but I didn't know what more was, until now. What I wanted was more of God. What I was seeking was more of God. How did I get more of Him? All I did was pray to God that I wanted more of Him and could He show me how to get this.

I then got the impulse on Sat to spend two hours sitting silently with God. It was beautiful. I was in the garden and the weather was just perfect for quiet reflection. Except that it wasn't reflection. All I was doing was sitting and not thinking of anything in particular. I t was beautiful.

I enjoyed it so much that I decided to do it again yesterday. I had a session from 11 - 1. It was beautiful. I was enjoying myself so much and wanting more and more of this silent dialogue that I had another session from 2.45 - 4.30. This time Baba, showed up in all His glory and gave me such a deep and warm embrace I felt like crying at the beauty of the moment. It was as though He was saying welcome home, I've been waiting for you, what took you so long.

Oh! how can I begin to describe how I feel each time I spend time at Baba's feet. As I said before, I feel profound peace and joy and I don't see how the time goes. Our conversation during this time is entirely wordless and yet so deep.

I think of the words to a song, "when deep cries out to deep, come Lord Jesus come." Yes, something deep in me was crying out for more. And Baba has come. He is the deep I was crying out for and that space in me that was longing to be filled, is filled by Him.

All I want now is more and more of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment