Friday 16 January 2015

Focus on God

When I look back to the beginning of my walk with God, I am amazed at just how far I have come. There is not one area of my life that Baba (God) has left untouched. For sure He has been changing my life starting on the inside out. And when I say inside, I mean deep inside. Like everybody, I had alot of accumulated baggage that I had been carrying all my life. One by one Baba has made me let go of each piece of baggage, until today, I am travelling light. The secret to all this has been my single minded focus on God.

There are so many things competing for our focus in today's busy world, not least of all our circumstances. However, I have found that whenever I just literally ignore everything else, however pressing and urgent it seems and focus exclusively on Baba, not only do I have peace but I have rest that can only be enjoyed in God. God's rest is like no other. It defies explanation.

To focus on God means to let Him make things happen in your life rather than relying on yourself. It means choosing to live for God instead of yourself. I have found that now that I am living for God, my life works better than it has ever done before.

To God be the glory.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment