Wednesday 21 January 2015

Inner Transformation

In 2003, I was introduced to a new world that absolutely fascinated me. That is the world of life coaching. Without knowing it, I had always been into the whole thing about personal growth and development. Personal growth and development turn me on. I wanted to be a Life Coach so that I could help others on their own inner journeys to personal transformation.

Now as I look back on my life since that fateful day on 9th Feb 2012, the day of my conversion, I can see that God (Baba) has been my Life Coach and has taken me on the most incredible inner journey of my life. He has literally turned me inside out and created a new person out of me. First came the process of emotional healing, when Baba exposed the recent hurts that had happened in my life and that I had literally buried alive. He exposed them and nursed them with His healing touch. Next there was physical healing, as He addressed the problem of my middle age weight gain. Within 9 months I had shed 16kg and I have been slim and trim ever since.

The next area that my Life Coach exposed me to was the area of my spiritual healing. On 19th April 2013 I fell in love with Jesus. I can't begin to tell you when this process began, all I can say is that I woke up one morning feeling like I had won the lottery and I couldn't figure out what it was. It is only later that the insight came that in fact I was in love - with Jesus. My mental healing began when Baba exposed me to the ideas of minimalism and simplicity. I embraced them and began to practice them and as I did I experienced my life becoming simpler and more focused. I had less distractions as I pared back and threw out all the non-essentials.

It's only this morning that I realised that it is this journey of inner transformation begun in 2012, that cumulated in me becoming a hermit in Oct, 2014. I had been purged emotionally, spiritually, physically and mentally and now I am at the threshold of a new life.

This new life is exciting because it is the process of becoming one with God. This is a whole new adventure in itself as it involves spending a great deal of one on one time with God and letting go and letting Him do what He will with me. The result is change in my character from deep within. Becoming more Christlike and loving in my relationships. It is a journey I look forward to.

To God be the glory.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment