Thursday 8 January 2015

My Zen Lifestyle

It is Socrates who once said that the unexamined life is not worth living. I totally agree with this, because I find that journalling gives me time to reflect on my life and therefore adds depth and meaning to my life. It also brings me a great deal of joy and peace.

I am a hermit and still finding my feet in this new world of my calling. To be a hermit, I feel called to live a lifestyle of:

Solitude

Silence

Simplicity.

Solitude

By solitude, I mean that I feel called to live alone for spiritual reasons. I have come to love God to the extent that I want my entire life to revolve around Him and Him alone. I want to give Him my total and absolute attention. Doing this brings me profound joy.

Silence

I want a life of calm and serenity. It is in this sort of ambience that I can obey God's invitation to "be still and know that I am God." It is through silence that I hear the voice of God speaking at its loudest and clearest to me. I want me and my home to be an oasis of peace.

Simplicity

My life is one of simple abundance. I love to take the ordinary and turn it into the extraordinary by simple means, be it the way I dress, eat or live.



No comments:

Post a Comment